Employees of the City of Titusville are available to provide public speakers for your event, organization, group, or school. The purpose of this service is to provide informative speakers from the City to conduct brief presentations on City related topics and services.
Things to Remember
- This service is free of charge within the city limits.
- Please make your request at least one month in advance.
- We will make every attempt to schedule your requested speaker on the date of your choice.
We would be pleased to respond to specific requests for presentations on topics other than those listed. When selecting a topic, first consider your audience and its area of interest.
Requesting a Speaker
To request a speaker, please email Jim Thomas, the Community Advocate, or call at 321-567-3689. Be sure to indicate the name of the organization, event date, place and time, amount of time for the presentation, size of the audience, and phone numbers of the contact person.
- Community Development
- Fire & Emergency Services
- Human Resources
- Public Works
- Purchasing & Contracts
- A Brief Overview of Local Government and How it Works
- City Annual Report
- How To Become a City Council Candidate
- Volunteering for a City Board or Commission
- Building - The building process and necessary inspections and Florida Building Codes
- Code Enforcement - "Public nuisances, what are they, how to handle the neighborhood eyesore, the code process, how to file a complaint and the results."
- Comprehensive Planning - "Comprehensive Planning - What we want our city to look like and how we plan to achieve it."
- Economic Development - A Program Overview
- Housing and Community Development An overview of housing grants available within the community
- Planning and Zoning - Planning in General Terms
- Land Development Regulations
- Voluntary annexation program/annexation fee waivers
- City Budget - Where the Money Comes from and Where it Goes
- Understanding the City’s Financial Condition
- Car Seats - Safety and Your Child
- Citizen Volunteer Program
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Emergency Management - Natural/Man-made Disaster Preparedness
- Fire Prevention at Home and in the Workplace
- Homeland Security
- Public/Life Safety Education
- City Employment Opportunities - Career Opportunities - The Selection and Hiring Process
- Citizen’s Police Academy
- Neighborhood Watch
- Personal Safety - Be Prepared
- Police Work As a Career
- Titusville’s Police Department an Overview
- Recycling, Litter Control - Programs and Processes
- Streets Re-Paving - Overview and Update of the 10 Year Re-Paving Program
- Conservation and You - An overview of the conservation program and ways you can save water
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Your Water Utility and Were Afraid to Ask Overview of water, reclaimed water, wastewater, and stormwater and ways to conserve water and use it efficiently.
- Water, Water - (For Kids) An overview of where our water comes from, the water cycle, the value of water, and ways to conserve
- How To Do Business with the City