- Titusville Flag and Memorial Committee
- Flag & Memorial Committee 10/18/22
Flag & Memorial Committee 10/18/22
Flag and Memorial Committee
Oct 18, 2022
The Flag and Memorial Committee met in regular session on Oct 18, 2022, at the
American Space Museum, 308 Pine Street, Titusville, FL 32796
Chairman Therriault called the meeting to order at 11:00 a.m. Members present: Member Swink, Member Fuller, Member Conklin, Member Patton, and Member Rathborne.
- CALL TO ORDER: Meeting was called to order at 11:00 a.m. by Chairman Therriault.
- DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM: A quorum was met.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Approval of minutes for the last meeting: moved to next meeting as a copy was not available.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Veterans’ Day Ceremony: Chairman Therriault stated there will be a ceremony at Veteran’s Park starting at 10:00 a.m., as well as, a short ceremony at the Day Street Cemetery at 8:30 a.m. Friday Nov 11. American Legion, Post 1 will continue to do what they do every year. DAR will do the decorations and there will be a cleanup the Saturday before. Flags will be placed at Davis Memorial Cemetery and Oak Ridge Cemetery by the CAP Cadets
- NEW BUSINESS
- Astronaut Memorial Ceremony: Will be held Sunday January 29th at 1PM. Working on the details.
- FUND RAISER ACTIVITES
This was tabled due to the committee having sufficient funds.
Discussion ensued about the cost of the bricks versus the cost of the brick engraving.
- ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
Member Rathborne: Warbird Museum is doing Veterans’ Day Weekend Open House, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Will be servicing Hot Dogs and Hamburgers.
Member Lister: For the DAR Founder’s Day they place the flags at the grave sites. They will decorate for Veterans’ Day.
Member Swink: Lodge doing well. Recent District deputy Audit, lodge passed. Up over 38 members over last year. Growing to about 384. Army of Hope picnic to raise funds did well, good crowd. Will be having Thanksgiving Day dinner for the members, Covered dish. Begins 2PM. Breakfast with Santa is back, date to be determined
Member Fuller: VFW MOCA Meetings. Dusty Rose focusing on Holidays
Member Conklin: Mark’s Stay Curious is going well. Educational program is going strong. Over 475 kids thru the program. Nicole Scott has agreed to be the guest speaker at the Astronaut Memorial. Have received a grant for 3-6 year olds Free 2nd Saturday 10 – 12 – and 2.
Member Patton: DAV no report
CAP – Plans in place for Cadet Encampment during Winter Break. Therriault chosen as the commander. Approx 300 will be attending. Wreaths Across America will be Dec 17th. Up to 5 cemeteries this year. Brevard Co Veterans Cemetery, LaGrange, Davis memorial, Oak Ridge and Oaklawn. Want to place 1000 wreaths this year. Looking for corporate sponsors.
KOC – Christmas Trees are back. Arrive the day after Thanksgiving
- Meeting was adjourned at 11:50 a.m.