- Student Advisory Council
- Student Advisory Council - January 17, 2023
Student Advisory Council - January 17, 2023
Student Advisory Council
January 17, 2023
The 2022/2023 Student Advisory Council (SAC) met in regular session on Tuesday, January 17, 2023, in the Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 555 S. Washington Avenue, Titusville, FL 32796.
Co-Chairperson Aliyah Deimeke the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
Present were Co-Chairperson Savannah Sevor, Co-Chairperson Aliyah Deimeke, Co-Chairperson Aiden Sperr, Vice-Chair Edie Pringle, and members Addison Flake, Richie Dobbs, Callie Cerrato, Julia Moon, Victoria Hillery, Cooper Mangini, Julia Curtis and Caydn Fiebig.
Also present was City staff liaison Emily Campbell and THS Advisor Kathleen Rios.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC PRESENT – None.
Vice-Chair Edie Pringle moved to approve the minutes of the regular Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting on November 15, 2022, as written. Member Callie Cerrato seconded the motion and it carried unanimously.
Mock City Council (MCC) – March 9, 2023 – Co-Chairperson Aliyah Deimeke reviewed the Mock City Council planning guide.
Staff Liaison Emily Campbell reviewed the complete agenda.
The remaining roles were filled by SAC members for the remaining roles for City Department Directors, City Council roles, Citizens, etc.
Remaining Roles were:
- City Attorney (Edie)
- City Clerk (Cooper)
- City Manager (Callie)
- Mayor (Savannah)
- Council Member (Victoria)
- Council Member (Julia Curtis)
- Council Member (Aiden)
- John Doe for Board Appointment (Addison)
Council was reminded that the Participant Orientation Meeting/Special SAC meeting was on Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. This meeting would count toward the attendance requirement.
Improve the DrinkDriveDie.com Webpage and continue to update The Last Dance Video – Senior Media Specialist Kurtis Korwin reviewed and discussed The Last Dance Video script casting call and discussed next steps.
Council scheduled the casting call for Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 5:00 P.M. Titusville Fire Department Headquarters, Multipurpose Room (2nd Floor) 550 South Washington Ave.
Media Specialist Kurtis Korwin stated that he would provide the casting call to the Titusville Playhouse.
MEMBER REPORTS – None.
STAFF LIASON REPORT
Action items: None.
- Council Budget – For your information: the available funding for SAC projects (Projects account nos. GFCC01 and GFCC04) is included in this agenda packet.
- Polo Shirt Order Form – If you ordered a Student Advisory Council Polo Shirt please pick up from City Liaison Emily Campbell at the end of meeting.
- Media Waiver Release – All media wavers have been received, thank you!
- Meeting Agendas & Delivery Methods – Following the first SAC meeting on August 16, 2022, the monthly meeting agenda will be emailed to you at least five (5) calendar days prior to each meeting; however, emails are sometimes undeliverable. To this, it is each SAC Member’s responsibility to get and review meeting agendas prior to your meetings.
Another option - pick-up hardcopy of the SAC meeting agenda from City Hall (Information Desk). A hardcopy of the agenda will also be available at meetings.
Reminder your Council’s regular meetings are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month
at 4PM, August through April, at Titusville City Hall.
Special meetings may be scheduled as necessary.
(City of Titusville Resolution 1-2017).
With no further business to discuss, the meeting adjourned at 4:28 p.m.