Public Works Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an external grease interceptor?
- Why do I need an external grease interceptor?
- What businesses need an external grease interceptor?
- Do I still need one if I don't serve fried food?
- Do I need a grease interceptor if I don't put grease down the drain??
- Can't I just add hot soapy water to the grease and pour it down the drain?
- Who do I contact for more information?
- How can I check to see if I have a leak in my home?
- How much water will I save if I change out my old toilet for a new high efficiency toilet?
- What is a faucet aerator?
- What is a rain sensor?
- Why should I use mulch?
- How often should I water my lawn?
- Do I have to follow the irrigation restrictions if I have reclaimed water?
- Are there special times I should water my lawn?
- Is watering my yard with a hose allowed under the irrigation restrictions?
- Can I pick another day to water if I missed my watering day?
- Is it okay to have my sprinklers come on at 11 pm and go off at 1 am
- Is there a penalty if I don't follow the watering restrictions?
- Who do I call if my neighbor waters all the time?
- Is my water safe to drink?
- What makes water look cloudy or milky?
- What is that whitish, flakey build-up I sometimes find on my shower heads or faucet aerators?
- How "hard" is Titusville water?
- A company contacted me and said that I needed to purify my water. Do I?
- I got a notice in the mail that my water should be tested and that a company was conducting free inspections. Do I need to do this? Is this company with the city?
- What is the pH of Titusville's water?
- I received a notice in the mail about getting insurance for the maintenance and repair of my exterior water line. Do I need to do this?